Adel Mohammed Al-Roumi is the General Manager of Kuwait Authority of Partnership Projects (KAPP) that involves operating Kuwait’s PPPprogram.
Al-Roumi completed his bachelor’s degree in the US; He started his career in New York, where he worked for the Kuwait Investment Authority. He was later called to the Kuwait Investment Office in London.
AL – Roumi has been aboard member of prestigious Asian financial institutes like Dao Hang Bank , First capital corp. and Sassoon holding. Also he joined the board of Arab African investment bank for 7years and locally he was the Vice Chairman of the Board and the Managing director of Kuwait Small projects Development Co,and he was aboard member of Kuwait cement. He is currently a member in Kuwait Foreign Investment Bureau. In addition to the Higher Committee since 2009.
Partnership Tecnical Bureau
The Government of Kuwait has embarked on an ambitious Public Private Partnership (PPP) program which promotes collaboration between the public and private sectors to develop quality infrastructure and services for Kuwaiti citizens. The Partnerships Technical Bureau (PTB) was established in 2008, under Article 12 of Law No. 7/2008 and serves as the main body responsible for PPP projects implementation. PTB aims to utilize private sector skills and expertise to maximize value for money and service quality. PTB is currently in the process of initiating several high-impact projects in the power, water/wastewater, education, health, transportation, communications, real estate, and solid waste management sectors.
- Increasing Kuwait’s Gross Domestic Product and diversifying its sources
- Encouraging private sector participation in development projects
- Improving public sector service quality
- Promoting human development and creating job opportunities for Kuwaiti nationals
- Promoting scientific research and technological development
In collaboration and coordination with the public authorities, the PTB shall be responsible for the following:
- Conducting surveys and initial studies to identify potential development projects
- Developing PPP project concepts, conducting pre-feasibility studies, and selecting qualified PPP transaction advisors
- Studying projects and Unsolicited Proposals referred by the Higher Committee, evaluating economic and technical feasibility studies and providing recommendations on tendering projects
- Managing feasibility studies development and procurement process for PPP projects
- Preparing model contracts which set required terms and provisions for PPP projects
- Developing methods for project follow-up and performance evaluation
- Following up on project implementation and providing quality technical assistance to Public Entities throughout the project cycle
- Arranging final award to successful bidders and setting up joint stock companies
- Preparing and submitting an annual report on development projects to the High Committee for approval, to then be referred to the Cabinet by the Minister of Finance